There is nothing sexier in a partner than someone who values themselves because it shows!!!
It is evident in the way you talk, the way you walk and you simply ooze vitality.
People who value themselves are simply more resilient because they love and respect them self enough to take care of their needs first. They are true to themselves.
It’s like the safety demonstration on a plane “put your mask on first before taking care of others”. It’s not about being selfish at all costs, it’s about respecting yourself as much as you respect others. Ensuring you remain a priority in your life.
People who value themselves are:
– comfortable and confident in communicating their needs (versus fear of people not liking them for speaking up). They also respect others when they do the same.
– able to speak strongly and succinctly (versus someone shaky voice with long winded justifications ) - slimmer around the waist (studies show that those worried about what people think tend to have a larger waistline due to increased cortisol production due to continual stress flight /fight response)
– more relaxed as they are comfortable in their own skin and don’t expect or need everyone to like them or what they believe in.
– better at saying no to others requests for their time when there is a conflict with time they have set aside for themselves (versus the constant feeling of guilt for not wanting to let someone else down)
– straighter in posture because they recognise they control their life, their feelings, their time (versus those with more slumped shoulders as they are carrying the weight of everyone else on their shoulders too!)
– talking about their life with a sense of passion and energy (versus those who speak of all they “have to do” and how exhausted they are) .
The passion and energy flows through their body and they simply glow.
So take a look in the mirror and see what’s staring back at you.